Real-Time, Tankless Beam Scanning
Thousands of clinics use it. Linac manufacturers depend on it, too. Within minutes, IC PROFILER™ provides powerful, real-time beam performance data for linac acceptance, routine QA and more.
Monthly QA in Minutes
In a single, multi-purpose measurement you get constancy checks for output and beam quality – plus flatness, symmetry, field size and penumbra width. Completeness of results means more beam changes can be caught before they impact uptime, or patient safety.
Annual QA with Ease
IC PROFILER is the only 2D array proven to be water tank equivalent — yielding highly accurate results and far more efficient workflows. When used with a 1D SCANNER™, IC PROFILER supports easy and comprehensive Annual QA.
Significantly Streamlined Beam Steering
IC PROFILER provides real-time feedback with a simple set-up that saves time.
Vetted by the Vendors
All major linac manufacturers rely on the IC PROFILER to streamline critical measurements during internal linac testing, on-site installation and service events.
The Water Tank Alternative
With accuracy within 0.5%, IC PROFILER works for most applications where a water tank is used. Yet, it:
- Sets up in minutes, not hours
- Requires no warm-up or pre-irradiation
- Manages Power Data Interface (PDI) through a single-cable architecture
It’s such a go-to solution, we made an MR-compliant version.
Fast Full-Field Measurements
Rather than simply focusing on a single point, the IC PROFILER:
- Simultaneously measures X, Y and both diagonal axes
- Analyzes beam start-up characteristics for anomalies
- Enables real-time, full-field beam tuning
Simplified Beam Energy Verification
A vital accessory, our Quad Wedge Plates were designed with linac manufacturing engineers to provide:
- Easy, reproducible set-up
- A wide range of supported energies for both photons and electrons
- Maximum efficiency compared to use of Solid Water
- ~15 minutes for 5 beams (8 energies), vs. ~60 minutes
- One trip into the treatment room, vs. 6 or 7 using Solid Water
- Water equivalent results designed for installation of a new linac
The SunCHECK Platform allows real-time control of the IC PROFILER, without having to launch or maintain a separate application.
- Streamline workflows with automated data collection and beam measurements
- Take advantage of efficient TG-142 templates for easy Monthly (and Annual) QA
Simply deliver the beam, then accept or reject the real-time results recorded by SunCHECK™ Machine.
“(IC PROFILER with Quad Wedges) reduced overall measurement time… for photons and electrons by 50% and 66%, respectively.”
Clinical Experience Implementing an Ion Chamber Array for Monthly Beam Constancy Versus Ion Chamber in Water (AAPM 2020)
Parallel plate Ion Chamber
251 total; X Axis: 63; Y Axis: 65; -Diagonal: 63; +Diagonal: 63
Detector Spacing (mm)
Array Size (cm)
32.0 x 32.0
Detector Volume (cm3)
Detector Sensitivity (pC/cGy)
Inherent Buildup (g/cm2)
Inherent Backscatter (g/cm2)
PMMA (Acrylic) / PC
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Yes (IC PROFILER-MR)
Electron Energy Quad Wedge Plate
Aluminum-based design; Suitable for analysis of energies from 4-22 MeV
Photon Energy Quad Wedge Plate
Copper-based design; Suitable for analysis of energies from 6-18 MV
Quad Wedge Plates Equivalent Depth Range (cm)
0.9-8.1 (Electron Energy Wedge Plate)
GMF™ Mounting Fixture
No adapter required; Buildup up to 10 cm; Electron cones up to 20 x 20 cm