REMOTE SENSOR NODES FOR CBRN MONITORING
Research International’s Remote Sensor Node
Remote Sensor Nodes will wirelessly connect to a central monitoring station.
Air is drawn into the unit through a top cap at the rate of 200 liters/minute and discharged through a perforated cylindrical exhaust section near the unit’s base. The unit is modular in design, and depending on customer preferences, sampled air can be examined:
- for the presence of toxic gases by one or more of four state-of-the-art detection methods;
- by an ultraviolet fluorescence-based biodetector designed to look for suspicious changes in bioaerosol concentrations; and
- by a sensitive gamma ray radiation detector capable of detecting suspicious changes in background radiation levels.
- Full CBRN monitoring capability and GPS location
- 200 LPM air sampling rate
- Sample collection upon alarm
- Optional weather station and video!
- Portable- 12 hours on battery power
- High speed 100 MHz wireless network
- 2 km range, up to 64 nodes per network
- Network operating software – no license fee
- Plume dispersion software
REMOTE SENSOR NODE SPECIFICATION
Toxic gas detector- Type I:
Identification of up to 20 gases simultaneously at ppb/ppm levels using second-generation IMS technology.
Toxic gas detector- Type II:
Ceramic solid state detector- up to 20 gases simultaneously.
Toxic gas detector- Type III:
Identification of up to 40 gases simultaneously at ppm levels using infrared signature technology over a distance of up to 50 meters. Located externally and connected by wireless link.
Toxic gas detector- Type IV:
Electrochemical cells per customer selected type- maximum of 6 channels.
Detect sudden changes in biological aerosols, send sampling command.
Sampling Filter Device:
Collect samples when an alarm level is exceeded or by remote command.
Industrial process control computer:
Collect and store sensor data.
Provide wind speed and direction as well as GPS, temperature and humidity.
Local link to sensors not mounted on Remote Sensor Node; and second link for data transmission to a remote receiver up to 2 km distant.
Selective gamma ray monitor.
Thermal and/or high-resolution video camera:
Monitor for suspicious activity and movement, detect explosion clouds. Can be located either on the node or externally and connected by wireless link.
Wireless link to listening post:
TCP/IP protocol, 2.4 MHz ISM band mesh-type network.
Security against theft or tampering:
Chain lock and automotive-type theft alarm.
0.2 m diameter x 1.0 m high without weather probe.
25 kg; add 7 kg for portable weather station
Operating temperature range:
-30°C to 60°C
12 hours on battery; 1 week or more on mains power.