Daily QA™ 3
Daily Beam Quality Analysis in One Measurement
The final safety check before each day of patient treatments, Daily QA 3™ detects linac beam delivery errors with independence and the utmost efficiency.
An Easy Handoff from Physicist to Therapist
Physicists are able to set up daily test templates for their modalities and machines which can then be used by a Therapist to easily conduct daily tests and automatically run pre-set templates.
Simply enter the linac vault, position the device, turn the beam on and start the pre-set tests in the software – no warm-up or pre-irradiation required, and no additional trips to the vault needed.
Power Data Interface (PDI) is managed through Sun Nuclear’s single-cable architecture.
Fast Daily Checks of Energy Constancy & Beam Quality
After daily test beam delivery, see results for:
- Dose output
- Beam flatness
- Beam symmetry
- Beam energy
- Light-radiation field coincidence
- Shape constancy and field size shift for FFF
Compare results to baseline values in the software to determine if intervention is needed before treating patients.
One Device, 25 Detectors
For optimal results, Daily QA 3 uses both ion chambers and SunPoint®diode detectors:
- 5 ion chambers for flatness and symmetry
- 4 ion chambers for electron energy checks
- 4 ion chambers for photon energy checks
- 12 diodes for light-radiation coincidence
Rotational and FFF beams are supported, with no warm-up or pre-irradiation required for testing.
With direct connectivity from Daily QA 3 to the SunCHECK Platform:
- Pre-configured TG-142 tests, tolerances and categories enable significant efficiency gains for daily QA workflows.
- Safety, MLC and imaging tests reside in same database as Daily Dosimetry tests.
- Connect your device and data is collected automatically – eliminating the possibility of manual data entry errors.
- Alerts for overdue or failed results allow you to put your Machine QA on autopilot.
SunPoint®Diode Detectors Vented Ion Chambers
Detector Spacing (mm)
Chamber Active Volume (cm3)
Electron: 0.6; Photon: 0.3
Field Size (cm)
20 x 20
Inherent Buildup (g/cm2)
Chambers: 1.0 ± 0.1
Inherent Backscatter (cm)
Electron Energy Attenuation
Air, Cu, Al, Fe
Electrons, 4 MeV to 25 MeV; Photons, Co-60 to 25 MV
rf Frequency (rf-Daily QA 3) (GHz)
2.400 to 2.485
Dimensions L/W/H (cm)
25.6 x 40.8 x 4.6
Number of Connection Cables
Single power / data cable
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
GMF™ Mounting Fixture
Adapter required; Buildup up to 10 cm; Electron cones up to 20 x 20 cm
IMF™ Mounting Fixture
No adapter required; Buildup up to 3 cm (Elekta)